Saturday, June 12, 2010

Kitties and a ton of beads

My kitties do NOT think I should sleep in on the weekends. 7:45 comes around and there is suddenly a lot of meowing and stomping all over me. Its so incredibly difficult to ignore their pointy little feet digging into my side. -_- Maddex has also picked up this fun new trick of sitting on the back of the couch and putting his claws into my scalp. Why?!?!

I'm down to the edging on my beaded shawl. I just have to pick up another, oh 765 beads. Which puts the total bead count for this thing in the range of 10,000 to 9,500 beads....Yes I'm well aware that people think I'm nuts. ^_^ I can't wait to see what this looks like when its all blocked out. I am so lucky to have crafty friends. T only smiles a bit when I ask her if I can come over to borrow her carpet. But then I taught her the joy of piecing, the process of taking big pieces of fabric and cutting them into little pieces of fabric and then sewing them together to make a big piece of fabric. Of course if her mother comes over that could be interesting to explain. See I do most of my blocking on my bead, but since this thing, unblocked, is as big as mine last shawl finished.....I really don't think its going to fit. And so a trip to Plano is in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment