Thursday, June 17, 2010

a PSA

I will come right out and say it: I REALLY dislike glassed in porches. I mean seriously, your walking down the sidewalk and you look over and you can just tell that that was never the intent of the design. Its ugly, ugly, ugly. And this is because they were installed by a contractor and not a design person (this is not to say that people who design for a living do not make ugly things, because they most certainly do). I think what annoys me even more is that I have, on occasion, see a very well done filled in porch. So its not a law of nature that says they have to be bad, just a law of window department of your local mega hardware store. Take a little time and effort people. Its your house, and generally the entrance to your house, so take a little pride in it and do something nice!

This rant was brought up by a project I'm working on. Client is moving the entrance of their house and I am working out how to make it stand out. A glassed in porch was suggested as a potential solution....ummmmm no. Thankfully my idea of a wrap-a-round porch looks many times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment