Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I hate it when the computers decide to remind you who holds the upper hand in our dependent and frankly rather abusive relationship. *sigh* So this morning I get to deal with an "infamous vista problem" and use my boss's laptop for the actual work I need to get done. I never enjoy using other people's computers, they feel so very personal and like I'm going through the other person's underwear drawer so something. This is probably really illogical but whatever.

In knitting news I finally finished up a pair of socks I've been working on since May of 2009 (at least according to Ravelry). 2009! Really? I don't generally suffer from second sock syndrome. I suffer from whatever it is that causes you to cast something on and then leave it partway finished for years. With this pair I finished the first one and then....nothing. Didn't cast on, didn't put the project in my queue, didn't even really look at the thing once that first one was done. But now they are a happy and rather pretty pair that will hopefully be sent off to J-buns (aren't college nicknames fun?) this week. They are Cookie A's Milo, done in some fabulous Handmaiden Casbah sock yarn in color Renaissance.














I really like the X's and O's on the back














No comments:

Post a Comment